Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Many changes have been made to our infection control procedures in order to continue to keep our patients and staff safe while continuing to put your oral health as a priority.
Treasured Smiles follows all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Will County Health Department. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Listed below are some important changes that you will see when you arrive for your appointment in order to keep all of our patients and staff safe:
- Appointments are staggered to allow social distancing between patients/staff.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment via text, email or phone to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. On the day of your appointment, you will receive a link by email and/or text that you use to fill out the COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering the office.
- Upon arrival to the office, you are to stay in your car and call the office to inform the staff you have arrived for your appointment. You are to remain in your car until someone from the office calls you to come inside. Also, you are to wear a mask at all times.
- Once at the office we will ask that you sanitize your hand’s and your temperature will be taken.
- In order to allow for social distancing, we ask that you come to your appointments alone. The waiting area has been closed.
- We have increased our disinfection protocol as follows:
- HEPA filters and UVC lights were installed in our heating/air conditioner unit for extra purification.
- Novaerus filtration system has been installed throughout the office.
- We are using UV Germicidal lamps between patients.
- We have portable HEPA filters in all the treatment rooms.
- As for our staff, we will be wearing extra PPE and lab coats that will be changed between patients.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at the front desk.
- Our schedule is arranged so we can limit the number of people entering the building, but most importantly, it will give our staff more time to thoroughly disinfect the rooms and prepare them for each patient.
We appreciate your patience through these changing time’s and we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Thank you again for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and as always, we look forward to seeing you.
Dr. Mike and Dr. Niki Kasper and the entire staff of
Treasured Smiles Adult and Cosmetic Dentistry.