*Why should you visit your dentist regularly?
You may think that your teeth are in tip-top shape because you brush and clean between them every day. But your home care routine is only part of the plan – your dental hygienist plays a very important role, too.
Reasons to visit your hygienist regularly are:
- To prevent gum disease
- To check for cavities and other oral diseases or conditions
- To check for signs of oral cancer
- To remove plaque. Plaque that is not removed hardens into tarter, which can only be removed by a dental hygienist. Tarter makes it difficult to clean your teeth on your own.
- To get rid of food, drink, or tobacco stains on the surface of your teeth that cannot be removed with regular brushing and flossing.
- To learn about the best way to keep your teeth clean on a daily basis
- To keep your teeth healthy, which will help to keep your body healthy overall
Each time you visit the dentist, tell him or her about changes in your overall health, especially if you have been sick lately or if you have any ongoing conditions. Also tell your hygienist about all medications, drugs, and vitamins you are taking.
Fluoride is a relatively recent but important advancement in dental and oral health. Studies consistently show that a moderate but consistent exposure of teeth to fluoride helps strengthen and rebuild tooth structure and helps prevent future decay.
Request An Appointment
Give the skilled team at Treasured Smiles Adult and Cosmetic Dentistry a call at (815)426-0016 and make an appointment for you or your family member. We have been helping our Frankfort, Mokena, and New Lenox, IL, neighbors maintain or regain excellent oral health for many years now. We look forward to helping you get the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve.